About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Sunday, February 12, 2012

LA Cityscape Three, abstract cityscape by Carol Engles

17 x 23 mixed media on paper. This is another LA cityscape. Here you might see highways, overpasses and buildings along with power lines - or anything else you can imagine. I don't really don't see anything in particular when I start these, I just try to keep them balanced and unified. And then make sure there is some contrast and interest with colors and shapes. The olive green is the surprise color here I think.

3 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

So much energy in this one, it's really fantastic! You really captured the feeling of L.A. with all the hussle-bustle. I LOVE the yellow shape!

Dana S. Whitney said...

GREAT WORK. I really like the energy of this piece. And yes, it really has the freeway underpass hustle and bustle going.

BTW: Do you sell much from your Daily Painter's listings?
I am in the process of moving and have way more canvases (Painted) than I want to move. What would I have had to do to get on Daily Painters? Do you Pay? As it is I am giving many away... and may plan to start a more deliberate MARKETING plan after we get relocated.

Carol Engles said...

Thanks Theresa and Dana! I don't know where the energy comes from...certainly not me at the end of the day...HA!