About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Monday, June 1, 2009

Red Confetti Two

8x10 watercolor with pastel. This piece has very dark, rich colors including Prussian Blue and Burnt Sienna. I have a book about color and it is interesting to read about the history of pigments and colors. The earth colors, such as Burnt Sienna, are old colors and have been used for a long, long time. The Italians during the Renaissance are credited for developing Burnt Sienna and Burnt Umber; as the names suggest, by roasting sienna and umber to create the pigments.

No comments: