About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Red Roses with Grapes and Peaches

This 16x20 floral still life is done in an informal style. The pastel and water soluble crayons are not blended as much to give a looser look. Pastels don't always have to be heavily blended to get an interesting result. 

1 comment:

Claire, said...

Beautiful! I love a still life. And I agree, use media differently.