About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Friday, March 9, 2012

Orange Field, abstract landscape painting by Carol Engles


8 x 10 acrylic on paper. This is really orange - and it is bright. I think the purple is a nice contrast to the orange. If you like orange, this might be the painting for you!

4 comments:

DJ said...

Nice. Really wonderful because of the darkness on the left, and the neutral between the purple/orange.
Well done ~

Theresa Paden said...

I LOVE this one!!

Carol Engles said...

Thanks DJ and Theresa! Do you think this would be a good candidate for a larger painting??

DJ said...

Carol, I'm doing larger paintings these days, so I think everything's a candidate for a larger rendition...:-)
But seriously: Yes, if you add to your value scale and assess textural implications, you can do this on a larger surface.
Go for it.
DJ