About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Q and A with Carol:

Why do you do a lot of pieces in the 17 x 23 inch size? Can they be framed and matted to another size?


I enjoy working with 18  x 24 size Strathmore watercolor paper. I tape off the borders and work within approx. 17 x 23 inches. Most of my paintings can be cropped or matted to 16 x 22 or in some cases 16 x 20. You can purchase a mat in a size that you think compliments the art and then get a ready made frame that fits and you can frame the work at a reasonable price. Or you can have it custom framed. Framing is expensive, that's why I try to keep my art affordable in the first place. Watercolors and pastels have to be protected and framed. But, they also look so beautiful and brilliant under glass.

No comments: