About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nevada Vista Two


17x23 mixed media on paper. Sometimes I describe my art with the words "mixed media", just to make you wonder what media am I using. This one is rather easy to figure out - let me know what you think they are!

5 comments:

DJ said...

Hmmm...watercolor? Pastel?
Perhaps a bit of charcoal...acrylic?

Carol Engles said...

Hi DJ,
Here is the answer! Acrylic, pastel, and charcoal pencil.
I am using more acrylic for these because I can scratch out a bit of the paint to create more line.
Have a great weekend.
Carol

Elisabetta said...

I love your artworks alot, especially the landscapes sketches!

Elisabetta said...

I tried to work on paper with acrylics too, but the paper became quite "wavy"...the weight of the paper was 300 grammes...

Carol Engles said...

Hi Elisabetta,
Tape your paper to a board if you haven't already done so. Make yourself a nice border on all four sides of your paper about 1/4 or 1/2 inch. ( 2 or 4 cm for you?) .Scotch Blue painter's tape multi-surface works really well. Medium adhesion. Then start painting. When you are done and the painting is dry, pull off all the tape and put it between plastic paper or wax paper and press it under heavy books. It should flatten out. I use 140 lb paper and it turns out fine with this approach .