About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Bright Blue, Red, Black and Tan, two, abstract painting by Carol Engles


5 x 7 mixed media on paper.  I have no idea where this style of painting comes from - somewhere deep in my brain I guess! They are like a little puzzle to me. I have to make sure that they are balanced in both composition and color - so it is harder to do than it looks! HA! $50 plus shipping.


2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Carol...I love what you did here!
Thanks for sharing your work!

Carol Engles said...

Thanks Sue! Do you think I should make a larger version of this?