About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Windy Desert Two

5x7 watercolor with pastel on paper. I love the simplicity of this technique. Watercolor in the background with areas not painted and then highlighted with pastel. This sketchy style is good for Western or desert scenes. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Leovi said...

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful compositions on his blog. Wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Best wishes. Leovi.

Carol Engles said...

Thank you so much Leovi! You are so kind! May you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well.