About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Friday, January 13, 2012

Arabian Filly at a Trot, charcoal equine drawing by Carol Engles

16 x 20 charcoal drawing on paper. In this drawing I tried to capture the elegance of an Arabian filly. I drew her with her hind leg lifted highly at her hock, her tail carried up and her back flat. And, of course, her face dished,  typical of an Arabian, one of my favorite breeds. Even though I do these drawings in an abstract style, I like to keep the basic traits of the different breeds in my artwork. So, I guess you could say that they aren't totally abstract.

No comments: