About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Portland Winterscape One, abstract pastel painting by Carol Engles

8 x 11 watercolor and pastel on paper. I lived most of my life in the Pacific Northwest. I realized that I hadn't done a cityscape of Portland or Seattle, two of my favorite cities. I lived in the Portland area while in high school, and lived in Seattle after I graduated from college. So, here is the first of my Pacific Northwest cityscapes. Hope you like it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice painting with lots of fun touches that keeps the eye moving and the mind interested! I like it!

Carol Engles said...

Thanks Leslie! I try to add "snippets" of color and line when I do this style. So glad that you like it!

Marlene Lee said...

I just love your works...full of energy and colors.

Carol Engles said...

Thanks Marlene! You are so kind. I thought the color combination in this piece was fun!