About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Monday, July 11, 2011

Scribbly Flowers in the Garden, oil pastel abstract floral painting by Carol Engles

16 x 21 oil pastel and water media on paper. This style is loose and free. Truthfully, it is not that original. The look and style of this painting is strongly influenced by the wonderful artist Raoul Dufy. I love the whimsical, charming quality of his paintings. He was truly unique. Hope you like this. It was fun to do.

No comments: