About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Monday, October 11, 2010

Chartreuse Field Two

14x19 mixed media on paper. I am asked why some of my paintings have "weird" sizes. I use 140 lb acid free cold press watercolor paper by Strathmore or Canson. The pads come in various sizes. This paper comes in 15x20 and when I border it off with release tape this is the size that I get. You can mat it "tighter " by covering up 1/2 inch off the top and bottom of the painting to make it 14x18 if you want to fit it in a pre-made mat and frame. There is usually room with most of paintings to take some liberties with the image size. On the other hand, if you want to custom frame it, it is up to you how wide you want the mat and/or frame. Anyway, I hope you like these field/marsh paintings. I LOVE doing these. I think they are the most relaxing style I do.

2 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

Carol, I LOVE this one! The colors are gorgeous and I love the way the sky looks cloudy, but the grasses are lit up by the sun. Beautiful!

Carol Engles said...

Thanks Theresa! I like using the grey instead of blue in the sky - makes it a little bit more interesting. When you're doing abstracts, you can take more liberties!