About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sunset at Red Mountain

17x23 acrylic on paper. This is a departure for me - it is mainly acrylic. This is a moody painting. I thought it would be good for me to do a piece with shape rather than line. It has lots of layers, some of which I removed and then painted over with another color to hopefully add richness and depth. I also rubbed out color. Tell me what you think, ok?

2 comments:

DJ said...

Carol, I absolutely love this piece. The color and atmosphere are beautiful; your brushwork is right on.
But then, all of your work is interesting and well done.
So glad to have found your blog several weeks ago.
Have fun painting those gorgeous scenes...

Carol Engles said...

Thanks DJ! This one is a departure for me, since it is acrylic only. I am learning a lot about the qualities of acrylic and hopefully I can use it by itself again.