About Me

Murrieta, CA, United States
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a mixed media artist who lives in Murrieta, California. I work in acrylics, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and other water and drawing media. My main subjects are abstracts, abstract landscapes, florals and gardens, equine abstracts and pet portraits. I love to use color! I try to incorporate the three C's in all of my work - color, contrast and composition! Most of these paintings are for sale. Please check with me for availability and prices if not posted. Contact me at: carol.engles@gmail.com carolenglesart.blogspot.com or text me at: (951) 704-2440 carolengles.artspan.com Art copyrighted 2008-2023

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Gold Futura Two by Carol Engles

10x14 watercolor with charcoal on paper. I have a lot of fun doing these "space" abstracts. They may lead me to something else as well - we will see. I start with the charcoal and then add the watercolor and then more charcoal. Tell me what you think!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Just love it.
Are you sure you weren't meant to be an architect?
How nice!!!

I'm doing more abstracts right now too.
I have to shake off any pre-conceived notions or expectations of others, who typically want to see something specific in my work. I CAN work realistically and I am still doing that, but......like you, I LOVE doing abstract work!!!

Nancy Standlee said...

Carol, I love to see your work and can't wait to see what you have in mind with the charcoal.

Carol Engles said...

Thank you both so much for your comments. They mean so much coming from 2 artists whose work I admire. I, like you, LOVE doing abstracts. And yes, we have to shake off expectations of others. I am always reminded of the time I saw a stunning, impressionistic painting of white irises in the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam and I automatically assumed that it was a Van Gogh. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was painting by Picasso! So there you go!